Tuesday, November 1, 2011

nov 3, 10th week

So this week I read the comic Eight ball by Daniel Clowes, which was the only one available from the course resources page. I wish more of the required readings were on the course resources page, I mean don't get me wrong there is a lot of material on there. But after reading Eight Ball I'm very much compelled to read some of his other stuff like Ghostworld. I just want to say that the compilation of stories  in Eight Ball are just straight up bizarre for me, I don't think I understood the story line at all, they just seemed like a series of weird events with a weird unexplainable ending to the story. on the other hand I found them very interesting to read. The stories were confusing, and intriguing which mead me want to read more. the one that really caught my attention was the Laughing Spitting man, I don't even know how to react to that particular one, like part of it was predictable, like when main character encountered the husband, but where it really got funky was when the guy started to turn into a practical joker without knowing it. I mean all of this stories had some weird attribute to them but that one was one that stuck out to me the most. also I did a comic last year that I think will be good for this post









No comments:

Post a Comment